Monday, August 3, 2009

Your Fate Hurtles Down at You

When I started to see book trailers around the internet, I wasn't sure what to think. I love trailers in general, but do I need one for literature? If they're anything like the new trailer for Jim Shepard's "Your Fate Hurtles Down at You" by Electric Literature, then the answer is yes.


Electric Literature presents Jim Shepard's "Your Fate Hurtles Down at You" (trailer) from Editors Electric Literature on Vimeo.




I went to a Jim Shepard reading once. I'm not a huge fan of fiction readings, since my mind tends to wander and I lose track of the narrative, but Shepard was the best reader ever. His story was engaging, and his Q&A session was the funniest thing I've ever heard in a bookstore. Plus, when he signed books, he was really cool.

0 comments: