Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sesame Street is the greatest program in the history of television

So earlier today I stumbled across a clip online that featured Feist on Sesame Street. The lovely songstress converted her upbeat heartbreak tune into a great bit of educational music. I won't embed it here, but it's worth checking out because not only is it adorable but they also did a decent job of marrying the traditional Sesame Street shooting style with elements from the original tune's music video.

But while watching this it hit me: Sesame Street does some really amazing stuff. So I set out on a journey to prove it. I'm tired and have been working too much recently to have the time to map this all out with an actual argument, but here's some the best clips I can find. Try to tell me these aren't all amazing!!



John John is the cutest kid I've ever seen in my entire life. Hands down.


Joey is the cutest precocious little bugger. Watch her keep fucking with Kermit. See Kermit almost break character. They let it air anyway because it's so good. That's awesome shit.

Then there are the amazing original songs...


What's the name of that song?


Mahnahmahnah (or however you spell it)


Or Oscar's ode to dumpster diving.


They even cover the classics.


All in all, it's just high quality children's programming.

0 comments: