Yesterday was Square Root Day. Today is one for the English nerds--Grammar Day! Put on your comma shirts and semicolon hats today, kids! From the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar comes this gem of a day.
Ideas for Grammar Day Fun:
- Read your favorite parts of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by grammar goddess Lynne Truss.
- Correct your friends' bad grammar in their Facebook statuses. And don't feel a bit guilty about it!
- At lunch, get a discussion going about your favorite punctuation marks and general typography. Interobang? Ampersand?
- Make sure you're up to date on the Top Ten Grammar Tips.
- Snuggle with your Chicago Manual of Style.
- Check out Apostrophe Abuse and The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks and laugh uproariously.
- Try to use "there," "there" and "they're" all in one sentence!