Thursday, August 21, 2008

The 90s are coming back

Just look at the Gap's new line. Grunge redux anyone?



Pro's? I like flannel and I like comfy. Grunge is both of these things. I might not mind being able to get away with overalls every so often all over again.

But if we're going to have a fashion comeback from the 90's there's another type of comeback I must demand. We need 90's music.

Here are some of my demands.


Who doesn't love Arrested Development? Before it was a show it was a group. An awesome hip hop group that said fuck off to the gangsta rap that was growing at this point. Oh how I loved them


Soundgarden! Their music means the 90's to me more than almost any other band. It reminds me of being a little teenager sitting in my room making collages of various media idols that I posted all over my bed posts. It reminds me of being scared of that Black Hole Sun video (which I would have included but I've always liked this song better).


Under the Bridge. Wonderful song by a band that may still be my all-time favorite.


Bonus points
My other Chili Pepper favorite, my not so guilty mid-90's pleasure, and big butt and a smile.

These are my demands. I expect culture to heed.

0 comments: