You can't take the sky from them.
Han or Mal?
Now, Han Solo's pretty bad-ass. (Before they edited him so he didn't shoot first. Psh.) He's got a Wookie best friend and a pretty awesome girlfriend. He fights the Dark Side, even though he initially doesn't have any investment in the fight. He's the captain of one of the fastest ships in the galaxy. He got frozen and came back to life. Pretty damn cool.
But Mal Reynolds is my choice. Like Han, he's tough and has an awesome ship. His crew is amazing (and doesn't just consist of a Wookie; sorry, Chewie) and loyal. He loves his crew. He's got that romantic tension with the beautiful and brilliant Inara. He stands up for what's right and takes down the scariest group of creatures ever to roam the galaxy. And boy does he have the witty banter thing down. Some examples?
- Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
- Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir.
- Mal: Ain't we just?
- Sir Warrick: You have to finish it, lad. [Mal doesn't move] You have to finish it. For a man to lay beaten, yet breathing? It makes him a coward.
- Inara: It's humiliation.
- Mal: It would be humiliating, having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man.
- [He lightly stabs Atherton.]
- Mal: Guess I'm just a good man.
- [He repeats the poking.]
- Mal: Well, I'm all right.
- Inara: So… explain to me again why Zoe wasn't in the dress?
- Mal: Tactics, woman. Needed her in the back. Besides, them soft cotton dresses feel kinda nice. There's a whole… airflow.
- Inara: And you'd know that because…?
- Mal: You can't open the book of my life and jump in the middle. Like woman, I am a mystery.
He's the kind of guy you want to be around. The kind of guy you want as your captain. The space cowboy of all space cowboys.
Go vote for your favorite!