Thursday, February 5, 2009

Post-Partum Depression Sounds Pretty Good About Now


Hollywood is so messed up about motherhood. They're all excited about the babies and the baby-stomach until the baby's actually born. Then you better be in a swimsuit in a week.

Take Jessica Alba in Elle Magazine:

On snapping back into shape so quickly after giving birth: "I did it for the Campari job. [The workouts] were horrible. I cried. And I haven’t worked out since.”

I get it. She's being paid to look good. She doesn't have to take the job. But seriously, isn't it kind of messed up to make a new mother cry in her workouts? Like hormonal imbalances aren't enough.

Her secret to looking slim after giving birth: “I wore a girdle. Eight weeks after my girlfriend had her baby, you could see her six-pack. She told me to put an elastic band around my waist – any kind of band or girdle works. She was like, “I slept in it.” I didn’t recover as fast as she did. I don’t have a six-pack – that’s just not my body at all.”

Yeah, Jessica. Your body is so not rocking. If she's worried about six-packs and sleeping in girdles, what are the rest of us supposed to do?

Having a baby used to be scary because you could die in childbirth. Now it's scary because you need to be a size 2 again immediately after popping out that kid.

0 comments: