Thursday, April 2, 2009

When You Wish Upon a Star

Barrel of Monkeys, a theater/arts education group in Chicago, works with school children to develop shows. The kids write stories/plays/poems/whatever and Barrel of Monkeys turns their work into short skits in their performance, That's Weird, Grandma. It's a hysterical show, and they change it all the time because kids are constantly creating new work. They even have some kids' work online. One of my favorites is:

Girl is Man

Once there was a hamburger that was the size of a man. She saw a star, and said “I wish I was a real girl. I don’t want to be a girl hamburger, but a real girl.” But what she didn’t know that the star was an opposite star and she came out a man.


Oh my lord, James. That is so not how I thought this story would end. Way to keep the reader guessing!

0 comments: