The Office season premiere was tonight, and the fine folks at Dunder-Mifflin are in top form. While I felt like the last season didn't quite hit its stride (perhaps because of the wonkiness caused by the writers' strike), I think this is going to be a good one. I won't go into too much detail, since you should watch it for yourself, but here were some highlights for me:
- Michael acting more like Michael: Last season he was too mean, too crazy, not loveable enough. He didn't have a lot of opportunity in this episode to be really out there, but I like that he's not annoying me.
- Holly: I was so sad when Toby left, but I like what Holly brings to the mix. I used to think Jan was the one for Michael; now I think it's Holly. (The rap!)
- Pam in the Big City: I think it's a bold move to take Pam out of the office, but it seems right for her at this time. And I'm curious to see how she and Jim deal with their long distance relationship.
- On that note, Pam and Jim: Too cute!
- Ryan: So glass they brought him back--it's karma and I love it. Can't wait for the Jim/Ryan, Kelly/Ryan drama to unfold.
- The Love Triangle: I never thought I'd say this, but I feel kind of bad for Andy. He is actually into this wedding. But Dwight and Angela are meant to be--those freaky, freaky people.