Monday, September 8, 2008

Watch out for Hammer Pants



As I said just a couple weeks back, the 90's are coming back. I don't claim to be all that cutting edge when it comes to fashion, but I've been seeing this coming for a while. I remarked to a good friend not that long ago that I just knew I'd loose it right there on the street the moment I saw someone trying to bring back the hammer pants.

Well my friends, we are officially one step closer. The picture right here is straight of the runway of the DKNY Spring 2009 show. In case you can't see what I'm talking about, I put a stupid little exclam-arrow right there to show you. It's the flippin' pants! Look at them. Those baggy little puppies are mere degrees away from being 2Legit2Quit. This means it's only a matter of time -- probably a very short time -- until I will, in the midst of walking down my block, be thrown into a fit when my eyes happen upon someone in a pair of hammer pants. I know it will happen, and I will have none other than DKNY to thank for it.

Let me remind you all just why that is bad.

Pray. Pray to whatever God you believe in. Pray that the hammer pants do not come back, because no good can be had from hammer pants.

0 comments: