Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pitchfork TV + Girl Talk = too many thoughts



I genuinely don't know where to start with this video. Maybe it's how exhausted I am (another one of those rough work weeks) or maybe it's just the near dozens of levels on which this video confounds, amuses, and disgusts me. Some of the shooting is good but some not so much. Maybe it's the whole hijacking the Coney Island vibe while it's about to be squashed. Maybe it's swimming in his boxers. Maybe it's the frighteningly pale skin (blindness!). OR maybe I'm just pissed because I wish they could have done this with one strung together song instead of going from bit to bit.

Ultimately I'm left with the bitter taste in my mouth of "this could have been better." That's immediately followed by, "Is it pitchfork that has become too predictable and mediocre or have I finally become some weird sort of post-hipster elitist asshole?" You tell me.

I mean it. Tell me because I'm not capable of figuring that out for myself right now. (Comment time!)

0 comments: