Saturday, September 13, 2008

Because why can't babies walk!?!

I spent a good part of my afternoon shuffling around soho with a friend while we tried to find a suitable present for her soon-to-be one year old niece. Somehow rainboots became the goal. But as we perused the raingear options for babies, it became clear that there were important issues to consider. The first was that this particular one year old was barely even crawling. I knew from my days babysitting in college that one year olds should at least hard core crawlers, if not on the verge of walking. We considered buying rainboots a size up, but lacking any concrete sense of when this young baby would sprout up and make the all too important biped leap, my friend decided to hold off on any rainboot purchases -- footwear for infants may be appropriate, but rainboots beg for puddles to splash in.

This afternoon venture made me all too sympathetic to Sophie's plight, which I'm sure you'll appreciate too...

0 comments: