Monday, October 13, 2008

Want to scare people this halloween - dress up as myspace.

Myspace has always been a great community for the crazies in this world, but I recently had my nusto-limit pushed further than I'd ever expected.

This all happened because a friend sent me a link to Lindsay Lohan's myspace announcement about the launch of her leggings line today. (Silly stuff, I know, but I clicked without knowing what it would take me too). The second commenter on everyones legging-loving-lesbian's post was some guy who calls himself Allah's Divine Prophet Gamba. I included his picture here.

This man has two friends. That's not a lot. I never really cared about myspace but I'm still pretty sure I had at least a dozen friends when I was on it. Two is nothing. Two wreaks of "brand new" or at least "socially awkward." But that's not what scared me. Heck, I wasn't even scared of the fact that he referenced Allah in his name, some totally reasonable folks are down with that. What scared me is this completely batshit rant he'd posted recently.

"I AM PLEASED TO SEE BARACK OBAMA BECOME THE LEADER OF THE WORLD, THEREFORE, A MAN OF ALLAH IS FINALLY RULER OF THE GLOBE!!! THE DAYS OF YOUR FREEDOM ARE COMING TO AN ABRUPT END, AS THE GREAT ALLAH WILL USE HIS FOLLOWER TO PUNISH ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WRONGED THE BLACK MAN!!!!! WHITE PEOPLE: YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!! YOU SHALL ALL BE BOUND IN CHAINS FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS AND SUFFER ETERNALLY IN THE HELLFIRES FOR YOUR CRIMES!!! ALL NON-BLACKS SHALL COME TO KNOW PAIN AND CAPTIVITY AS BARACK OBAMA, A TRUE MAN OF ALLAH, BECOMES THEIR OVERLORD ON EARTH AND THEN SHALL BE HANDED OVER TO THE ALMIGHTY AND MOST MERCIFUL ALLAH IN THE HELLFIRES!!!!!!

BLACK POWER!!!!!!!! PRAISE BE TO THE ALMIGHTY ALLAH!!!!!"

I'm honestly too scared of this guy to believe he's real. He has to be a fake, but even if he is, that doesn't say anything good about this country. Because if this profile is faux, it's probably the project of some anti-Obama dude who's part of the crowd trying to make everyone thinking that lifelong-Christian church attender Barack Obama is secretly a Muslim. If you read this rant, and follow the comment thread, you find that one of Gamba's two friends is equally frightening, and of course, like any good myspace flamer, likes to toss needless homo-insults. Things like this make me frightened of the internet.

How has it come to this? I don't know. But I'm tempted to blame Lindsay.


0 comments: