Friday, January 30, 2009

28 Exits Later


Drivers in Austin are warned about the usual things--construction, accidents, icy roads.

And oh yeah, zombies.

Someone hacked into the electronic road signs' computer system so it flashed phrases such as "CAUTION! ZOMBIES AHEAD!!!" and "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!"

Personally, I think that's pretty awesome. They're not warning about a serial killer or a pile-up or dangerous road conditions. It's zombies, people. Have a little fun with it. (Until the day the dead rise up, of course.)

But not everyone thinks it's a good joke:

"'Even though this may seem amusing to a lot of people, this is really serious, and it is a crime,' said Austin Public Works spokesperson Sara Hartley. 'And you can be indicted for it, and we want to make sure our traffic on the roadways stays safe.'"


Really? Did they cause any problems? I hope they're just saying this and aren't planning to really go after these people.

Or maybe the sign was just warning people about their fellow commuters. I know I feel like a zombie when I have to get up and go to work.

Let the zombies run free!

1 comments:

Neezie said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS... Did you see the signs? I nearly wet myself laughing... If only that could happen in RI... like, if we knew someone in the construction business or something... hey, waaaaait a sec...